The installation of roller shutters is the best thing that one can do for his business premise. With their absolute security and safety features, they definitely are the undisputed choice for every business establishment. Not only do they provide security and safety to the building, the roller shutters immediately bring about a sea change in the aesthetic appearance of the building. With so much to offer, the roller shutters demand some maintenance for their long life and smooth working.
How can the roller shutters be maintained?
The maintenance of security shutters is not at all a daunting task. It just requires being watchful towards their working and keeping them working smoothly keeping following tips in mind:
- The very first thing to care is of that shutters are closed and opened properly. These shutters have a smooth function of rolling up and down. Therefore, exerting unnecessary pressure or closing/opening them forcefully does no good to the shutters other than affecting their free flow of up and down.
- The next thing is cleaning of roller shutters. The dust or dirt may not appear on roller shutters quite evidently and this makes their cleaning delayed. However, deposition of dust and dirt over time only affects the functioning and life of the shutters. Thus, it calls for regular cleaning of shutters that may happen on daily, weekly or monthly basis depending on the amount of dust and dirt the shutters are exposed to. Regular cleaning ensures the door tracks, springs, and rollers do not get jammed out due to dirt and grime.
- The balance of the shutters must be checked every now and then. This is because due to frequent usage, the shutters may get dislocated or unbalanced. When the shutter is unbalanced, it can invite accidents and mishappening.
- The bearings on which the rolling mechanism works need greasing and this is not required way too often. The bearings need greasing only once a year.
- The regular closing and opening of the roller shutters can make their bolts and fixings lose with the passage of time. This can be corrected by the technician and by the time the technician arrives, the mechanized working should be discontinued. Instead, its manual operation should be started.
Overall, just a little care can ensure that the roller shutters are working untroubled and effortlessly and for a longer time. Their proper maintenance guarantees their life for 10 years and more.